COSPAR-K Lunar Classroom Competition
Calling all teachers on Planet Earth, we have a mission for you. Tell us what your teaching essentials are if you were tasked to set up the first ever classroom on the Moon!
All your items must fit within a standard shoebox…apart from that the stars are your limit.
Simply share your lunar classroom kit by uploading a photo or video to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter and tag #cosparklunarclassoom to be in the draw to WIN!
The Design Kit Prize Pack
We want to help your students create out of this world designs right here on Planet Earth. We also want you to preview one of our favourite activities that will be running at COSPAR-K - our FREE Space STEM Event.
The STEM Industry School Partnerships (SISP) team are the geniuses behind our Plants vs Mars activity and have curated this incredible Design Kit Prize Pack to add to your ultimate classroom kit. We love that resources encourage creative design thinking, collaborative practices and an interdisciplinary (cross-curriculum) approach to solve complex problems.
There are 25 PRIZE PACKS up for grabs, so what are you waiting for?
Full prize inclusions are:
- 10 x Plants vs Mars STEAM Activity Cards by the Imaginaturalist
- 1 x Class Bundle of Splats
- 1 x Digital Download of Smart Design Student Notebook
- 1 x Makedo DISCOVER Toolbox
- 1 x DIY Geodesic Dome Instructions (K- Stage 3)
- 1 x DIY Geodesic Dome Kit (Stage 3 & 4)
- 1 x Micro:bit Go Pack for Make Code Automated Watering System
- 1 x A Human's Guide to the Future by Jordan Nguyen, donated by Pan Macmillan Australia
- 1 x The Numbers Game by Adam Spencer, donated by SISPs
- 1 x Bunch of limited edition COSPAR-K rocket bookmarks and holographic stickers
Entrants must be:
- Registered to attend COSPAR-K in-person or virtually
- Over the age of 18 years and a student teacher or practicing professional educator
- Following @cospar_k and @sispprogram on Instagram, @cospark2021 and @SISPProgram on Facebook and/or @CosparHQ and @SISPProgram on Twitter
- The Judges will be looking for engaging, educational and innovative lunar classroom kits and descriptions
- All your items must fit within a standard shoebox
- All submissions are in correspondence with our competition terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions
When submitting your image(s) to the #cosparklunarclassroom competition, you confirm to COSPAR-K that:
- The photograph is your original work
- The contents of the image do not infringe the copyright of any other third party
- There is no inappropriate content
- You affirm that you are over the age of 18 years and a student teacher or practicing professional educator.
- Your photos follow the terms of the social media platform you are posting on:
By participating in the campaign, participants grant COSPAR a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to reproduce, display and distribute entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, scholarly and all other event and committee purposes. COSPAR will use all reasonable efforts to mark any photograph reproduced by COSPAR with a photographer credit.
Key Competition Dates
|Competition Open||Open now|
|Submission Close||Sun 29 November|
|Winners Announced & Contacted for Prizes||Fri 4 Dec|
Transmitting On Socials #COSPARK2021
Contact Mission Control
You can reach us from wherever you are in the world by emailing email@example.com.